[Gocamino] Pilgrims' testimonials

Blaroli@aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Sun Apr 23 12:36:43 PDT 2006

These are some of the testimonials left by pilgrims at the completion of
their pilgrimage: (translated from the published Spanish)

"At last we have arrived. We are tired and I can't believe that it is
finished. Here are some of the lessons that I learned in the Camino:
---I can walk 800 kms. in 28 days.
---I am not a Catholic, but I can sit and pray and find peace in a church.
---I thank the Camino de Santiago for pushing me go on, to explore every
corner of the Camino and every corner of my own self.
                      Pilgrim from Canada, March 5, 2005."

"The strength  and the spirit of the faithful, and their human weaknesses can
be sensed in the Cathedral. Today a life's dream has become reality. Thank
you for this opportunity to change my life.
                 Pilgrim from the United Kingdom, March 19, 2005"

"We just finished our pilgrimage, and hugging the Apostle we fulfill the
dream of having followed on the footsteps of so very many pilgrims of our Faith.
Jesus' promise to accompany us and be there for us at every stage of the Camino
is  also fulfilled. May God bless the Camino de Santiago always.
                         Pilgrim from the Dominican Republic. March 29, 2005"

"I've just finished my third pilgrimage, and this last one has been
extraordinary. First, I walked alone from the south of Portugal, second, I chose a
route where I could be as much by myself as possible so that I could dedicate
myself to reflection.  I've discovered an extraordinary people whose language I
did not know. The Portuguese were wonderfully kind in their efforts to speak
French or English to show me the best or the right way to go.  Obrigado.
                        Pilgrim from France, April 12, 2005"

                                            (Continued)