[Gocamino] Pilgrims' testimonials, continued

Blaroli@aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Sun Apr 23 13:19:33 PDT 2006

"I've arrived at Santiago after walking the French Camino from Saint Jean
Pied de Port.  A woman, I have walked alone in winter. It took me 29 days and the
experience has changed my life. I've learned to trust, to have faith, to be
understanding and to face my fears. I was afraid to walk alone in a foreign
country not knowing its language, afraid to get lost, to have an accident, or to
be attacked by savage dogs.  But every day I learned that the in the Camino
something protected me. When I felt lost, a yellow arrow appeared; when I was
hungry the locals, unasked,  offered me food; when I was tired the
"hospitaleros" (albergue keepers) took care of me. When I arrived in Leon I went to the
Santa Maria de las Carbajalas Convent (an albergue) in time to attend the
benediction by the Mother Superior. She told us that all of us have an interior
light, and that when we, pilgrims, arrive at Santiago our inner light grows. much
brighter.   She also told us that it is our responsibility to share this light
with others when we go back to our homes.
                          Pilgrim from Canada, April 20, 2005"

"After such a long  Camino, since I started out in Belgium at the beginning
of February, I am immensely touched to have arrived. When I was the Cathedral
for the first time I was inundated by a mixture of joy and sadness, by
surrounded by a great feeling of peace.  The inner calm is profound after two months
of effort.  Another reason for joy is the announcement of the new Pope,
Benedict XVI.  The Camino has been long, but also magnificent, I hope that its
remaining effect  will be even better. May God bless you all!
                                    Pilgrim from Belgium, April 20, 2005"

"Two brothers from Viscaya give thanks to all who helped us during our
pilgrimage.  We have celebrated the eighteenth anniversary of our transplant (my
brother donated to me one of his kidneys), and after twelve days of bicycling we
feel the most fortunate before the Apostle. We shall return another time and
with another obstacle to conquer.  Many thanks!
                               Two pilgrims from Viscaya, April 22, 2005"

"With much sacrifice I have walked the Camino to pray for some persons who
died on March 11th  - (the day of a terror attacke in Madrid that killed
hundreds)-.  I have walked for you, suffering and sweating.
                             A fireman from Madrid, April 27, 2005"

"This is my fourth pilgrimage on foot. This time from Irun through the Camino
de la Costa
(Northern Way). It cost a lot: two weeks of rain and old. Further, the stages
were very long and the signs not sufficient  Ultreia!.
I've now arrived in Santiago. Many people helped me in different ways
throughout and I want to give them my heartfelt thanks. I've found new friends. They
all are tolerant and friendly towards pilgrims and where the pilgrims come
from does not matter. The bridges in the Camino should be symbols for the union
of towns, peoples, languages and religions.
                     A pilgrim from Switzerland, May 2, 2005"