[Gocamino] FW: Hotels and Trains

Mulligan, Pat PMulligan at gov.state.ga.us
Tue Apr 11 07:01:49 PDT 2006

________________________________

From: James L. Mulligan [mailto:jlm at simulaw.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:46 AM
To: Mulligan, Pat
Cc: Christine Mulligan
Subject: Hotels and Trains

Hi there -

Found the Hotel Abba Atocha. It is 1k from the Atocha Railway Station,
the primary departure point from MAdrid. the rate perperson is $73.83
euros per night. Also, on the RENFE (national rail service) I found two
daily trains from Madrid to Ponferrada, one leaving in the afternoon,
arriving @10:30 at night, the other leaving @ 10:30 from Madrid and
arriving in Ponferrada @ 3:30 a.m.. Not clear if the train leaves from
Atocha or not.

Need some guidance from peregrinos as to which train station, and
whether better to arrivein dead of night or late evening. either way,
probably means not hitting the road until morning of May 8th. travel on
Camino May 8 thru 18, arriving in Santiago de Compostela, hopefully, May
17. that means we have to keep an average pace of approximately 20k per
day, os 12.5 miles per day. Assuming a thrirty minute mile, we are
talking about 6 hours plus caminando en caja dia. that is pretty
gruelling for a couple of tenderfoots, but by no means unattainable. we
need to review our triptik maps to be clear about which village/town we
need to end up in each afternoon. It seemse from emails you have sent
that the earlier we arrive in each village/town for end of a given leg,
the more likely we are to obtain a reasonable accomodation for that
night. do we want to book a room in Ponferrada for the night of the 7th.

Let me know if you find out info on train schedules, the RENFE website
is not the best for getting that info, ironically.

talk later, eh?

Love,
James

James L. Mulligan, Esq.
Simpson & Mulligan, P.L.L.C.
Wheelock Office Park, Suite S-1
31 Old Etna Road
Lebanon, New Hampshire  03766
603-448-1877 Ext. 1 (Phone)
603-448-2989 (Fax)

This electronic mail transmission (e-mail) and all documents
accompanying this email contain information from the Law Offices of
Simpson & Mulligan, P.L.L.C. which may be confidential or privileged.
The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
which it was addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any disclosure, copying, or use of this email information is
prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us
by email or telephone immediately.