[Gocamino] Re: California missions

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 18:45:54 PDT 2005

dear Californian Contingency:
This is fascinating stuff. Thank you!
Also, isn't there a "camino" of sorts down in northern Mexico to a string of similarly linked missions? I know many rural shrines in Mexico (like Atocha, or San Filipe outside S. Miguel de Allende) get most of their pilgrims via bus or wildly decorated and people-packed pickup trucks, but I vaguely recall something about a "trail of reparations" up in the desert..? Or have I been reading too much Castaneda?

Do tell.
Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, periodista
Westmoreland County bureau