[Gocamino] Toronto synopsis...simple view

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Wed May 18 20:37:40 PDT 2005

Hello Rebecca, and all,
Most worthwhile accomplishments commence with an idea.      Per force a
desire carries farther.
While most other American countries have confraternities that are active
members of the Santiago Archicofradia, (Brasil has three, for instance,.... and so
on), we simply and plainly  do not..  Perhaps the drudgery of the required
paperwork  and,  maybe,  lack of ease with the Spanish language, has quenched
whatever enthusiasm  may have arisen,  at one time,  in the collective breast of
some  North American pilgrim groups, to take the steps necessary to join the
Santiago Archicofradia and, thereby, be in a  ready-willing-and able, position
to,  actually  and  meaningfully, participate in the universal Santiago
pilgrimage by establishing a NorthAmerican collaborating Camino presence through an
albergue, a first-aid center, a translation and information facility, and
such,  sponsored by North American pilgrims.
I, and others, have volunteered our services for this purpose,  but the
sometimes  erstwhile expressed  desire, by some, to establish such meaningful first
step has simply not materialized above or beyond  words.
It might come to be that the Camino-loving Brasilians in New York City  will
be the ones to establish a "North American"  presence on the Camino.  They
have expressed such an intention.
If anyone in this list has any ideas as to what one, as a gratified and
grateful pilgrim, may do  to give practical expression to the desire to give back
to the Camino a little of what's been so abundantly received,  please let me
know.... and do  count me in.
Warm regards,
Rosina