[Gocamino] Toronto synopsis...simple view

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 18:03:54 PDT 2005

I was there, too.
In addition to making me long even more to walk again, it strengthened my resolve to see a  North American presence among the hospitality offerings on the Caminos de Santiago.
Maybe not a brick-and-mortar presence, and certainly not a flag-waving gesture or a writing-of-checks-to-worthy-natives...
But something visible, so all our fellow travelers can see we are pilgrims and giving, hardworking pilgrims, too -- not just maple leaves and Mickey Mouses and Golden Arches or cocked-and-ready guns. We have healing hands and generous hearts, and boy can we deliver once we've dreamed up a good idea!
I think some mountains were started moving in Toronto, some visions were had and shared.
Anyone else out there feel that urge, or dream that dream?
Do tell, do share.
Reb.

Rebekah Scott, periodista
Westmoreland County bureau