[Gocamino] last-minute questions

Wm Thorkel Clark wtclark at olympus.net
Fri May 13 07:57:15 PDT 2005

My wife and I thought we could do something of the same.  We got our
passport in Leon and after a couple of days visiting the city we took a bus
up to a village within 7 km of  O Cebreiro.  When we presented our almost
blank passports and requested beds, the hospitalera flew into a "rage"
because we were "cheating".  She did stamp our passports; but beds were out
of the question for the likes of us.  We paid 42 Euros for a nice room in a
little hotel in the village.  That was September of '04, the Holy Year, and
lots of folks were still on the Camino.  Perhaps this year and this early
the same crime will be only a clucking and a scolding .... but don't count
on it.  We were in the wrong by leap frogging over about a three days
march.  From there on we walked every foot of the distance and put lots of
stamps in our credencials.   Regards to all, Thorkel Clark