[Gocamino] last-minute questions

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Fri May 13 09:13:49 PDT 2005

The way I look at it is that the "crime" was making the mistake of
having the passport stamped in Leon. You weren't really starting there,
so there was no point to it. If you had presented a completely blank
passport at the small village, the hospitalera might actually have been
honored that you had chosen that little village as your starting point.
Hard to tell at this point. The fact that it was late in the very heavy
2004 season probably did have a lot to do with it. There were a lot of
longer term pilgrims still looking for beds and many of the
hospitaleras/os were probably feeling rather frazzled by that time with
the big crowds that they had been having.

Incidentally, Leon to almost O Cebreiro is a lot more than 3 days
walking for most pilgrims. Only the real trail tigers would attempt 50
km per day. Most of us would take 6 or 7 days to do that section.

regards,

Bob S.