[Gocamino] shoes

Renee Clark rjbclark at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 29 13:14:13 PST 2005

Hello, everyone:  I am newbie going on Camino with 2 others end of August
thru September.  I was wondering if anyone has tried out these hiking
sandal/shoes by Keen.  They are like a sandal but enclose the entire foot
like a shoe.  They have 'cuts' up the sides like sandals.  They are soooo
comfortable with good treds.  My question is:  On the trails do you have to
deal with lots of twigs and pebbles that could get in sandals and cause foot
problems?  Or is the dirt fairly solid and free of debris?  I intendent to
take an extra pair of bumming around sandals for the end of each day,  bvut
I thought these hikers looked good for the long haul.