[Gocamino] Santiago coins and books

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 10:10:39 PST 2005

Hello you all,
Except for Wanda and Ann, I messed up on keeping records of who asked me to bring what from Seville/Santiago. Would those of you who did so be kind enough to remind me?  (I got all the things requested, except for the book "The Arrow and the Viera" which, I was told, is totally sold out).
There is yet another Santiago coin:  a 10 Euro coin commemorating the 2004 Xacobean year.  It is  a  rather large silver coin, and it shows the bust of Santiago on one side, with a gourd and a shell, and on the other side the profiles of both the king and queen of Spain.  Although it is very well made, I personally  like the 2000 pesetas 1999 better, with its non-stationery botafumeiro.
There is a slew of Camino new books and records, including a CD  with Flamenco Camino songs! One of the new books was published by "El Pais", (famous for its maps and guides), and it contains very beautiful  and rather unusual photographs; it is a large book.
I'll post the ISBN numbers, and so on, later on.
I wish I could say that I'm glad to be home; but it ain't so at all.  Seville was gloriously sunny and orange-scented.... golden all over and spring-smiley.  New York City  at the present time is  cold, rainy and gray,  and as depressing as those old pictures of World War I trenches.
Bah! humbug!
But, a big hug to you all anyway.
Rosina