[Gocamino] planning foe June pilgimage

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 00:09:28 PST 2005

Man looks on the outside, but God looks on the heart. We are often simple
creatures, and wish to self-validate. Some do it by insisting there is a
'proper' way of peregrination. I have done the Route by foot a few times,
and have been fortunate enough to forgo mechanized transport. This does not
make me any more official Peregrino than one who needs to jump ahead a few
days because of time constraints. Is a walker more of a pilgrim than a
cyclist? Or one who spends six weeks walking instead of two? Que locura. It
is the journey within which makes us the pilgrim. I will concede, the longer
you walk, the more you can let go of the old, the more you can grab hold of
the new. In physics, it's intensity times duration. See if you can go from
Astorga to Santiago. If not, do the Sarria to Santiago Path in whatever time
you can manage. Just walk. Be silent, loud, laugh, cry, curse, and pray. Go
expecting. You will be the pilgim you are supposed to be.

Onward,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com