[Gocamino] planning foe June pilgimage

Richard Ferguson <peregrino at att.net. peregrino at att.net
Tue Mar 15 15:16:43 PST 2005

It is a different experience.  The last 100 km are not the easiest milage, a lot of up and down.  I would plan on 6 days from Sarria unless you are in good shape.  Usually people do it in 5 days, but then they have already walked hundreds of km, so are in shape by then.  I did it in 4.5 days and it was brutal.  I spoke to one man who tried to walk from Sarria in 5 days and ended up taking 6 days, he was around 30 years old, looked in good shape, but he had not been in the habit of walking 25 km a day.

It is your pilgrimage, do it the way you want to or are able to do, and pay no attention to anyone else.  Lots of Spaniards walk from Sarria.

Richard

-------------- Original message from Molliebird at aol.com: --------------