[Gocamino] Transformation on the Camino

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:54:53 PST 2005

Brooke, et al

Transformation isn't always so easy to define...
or, to see materially, as you well know.

For me, being able to sustain walking in another environment where I was in
tune with nature's rhythms and being mindful of myself and others was
incredibly empowering.  Aha...I can do it and if I can do this, I can do
most anything....

Working hard to make myself known brought back how challenging that can be,
even in one's own environment, and a great empathy welled up for those who
are unable to do, for whatever reason.

Slowing down also led to a conscious decision and not so easy nor complete
transformation into being more mindful...on my own second Camino It didn't
take long to forget that intention and when I went the second time, to
France, I got the same hasty blisters and arrived at the gites ahead of the
others to find them closed or to be admonished by some of the hosts.  When I
took up that "transformation" again, it was delightful to speak with the
cows and sheep along the way and stop to notice some of the dolmens I had
whizzed by. Attention and gratitude stick with me now.

There's alot to be said about the transformations, however seemingly
insignificant or earth shaking they may be, and being able to talk or write
about them is one way to unlock them for yourself.

I for one would love to hear from others on the topic.