[Gocamino] going on pilgrimage in Wales

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 12:30:43 PDT 2005

I will be on pilgrimage in North Wales for the next two weeks, traveling to
Bardsey Island in the North Sea off the coast of the Lleyn peninsula.

Bardsey was called the "Land of 20,000 Saints" and it was said that three
pilgrimages to Bardsey were worth one to Rome.  The tides are rough and
boats sail only when the weather is right, from Aberdaron.

The coast there is noted for old Viking settlements and at Rhiuw, places
where the Templars stopped on their way to Scotland after being persecuted
out of France by Phillip the Fair. (not the same one as the story of Juana
la loca...)  Stories abound....

I'll write about it somewhere, I'm sure, but in the mean time, two very
pedantic questions:

does the post ofice in London take credit cards...and

are there any churches to St. James in Wales?

hoping to here before I leave tomorrow am.,
ultreya,