[Gocamino] London

Pat Rush patrush1 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 8 08:40:48 PDT 2005

Margaret, Grant:  yes, I too am deeply troubled by Grant's claim regarding
historic Islamic violence.  The atrocities of the Crusades, by the way, were
on both sides, as we all know.  I am deeply ambivalent about making my own
pilgrimage on a route associated with such violence, and with the image of
James as the Moor Slayer.  If we delve a bit more closely into Spanish
history after the reconquest, the culture of repression and atrocity in
Christian Spain is almost too much to bear.

Patricia Rush