[Gocamino] London

Margaret Fuchs megfuchs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 02:54:32 PDT 2005

Grant, I was deeply troubled by your claim that "Islam was a violent
and aggressive movement from it's inception" and the way you seem to
equate all Muslims with these fringe terrorist groups (and the
atrocities of the crusades). For the muslims I have been privileged to
meet (a female graduate student who plans to become a lawyer, a young
man from Turkey who is a research chemist, a wise Egyptian scholar and
feminist who is a professor of mine, etc. etc.), Islam means peace,
and submission to God, and prayer, and care for the poor. They are as
disgusted by these acts of violence as anyone, and perhaps more so,
because the terrorists commit these murders in the name of Islam and
in so doing, the terrorists tarnish and desecrate the name of that
faith.

My heart goes out to all of you who have friends and family in London.
I am still waiting to hear from a friend of mine who lives there.
Peace to you all, and bonne route/buen camino

Meg
(in Cahors today)