[Gocamino] London

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 21:38:11 PDT 2005

Hombre.

I got all the bad news I could handle off the Internet, and I feel sick. The
religio-politico-economic motives of all humanity are flawed. The
indiscriminate attack on Londoners however, is madness. Islam was a violent
and aggressive movement from it's inception. The Madrid bombings were, in
part, payback for the fall of the last remaining caliphate of Granada in
1492. Violence in London will not bring peace in Iraq. Foolish to think that
way, foolish to try. We have a different path. The Road we travel puts to
death the old nature, and allows room for the new one to grow. It's an
internal work, and we willingly crucify, willingly put to death the old.
Beating me over the head with threadbare religious fanaticism won't change
my point of view. It will strengthen my resolve. In 2004 I saw the 100 km
Camino marker in Galicia spray painted bright red with the phrase "Allah
Akbar". It seems everyone has their picture taken there. Along with "Allah
Akbar". Any fool painting "Jesus Loves You" on a monument on the way to
Mecca would face extreme consequences. We simply forgive the act as a matter
of "youthful enthusiasm". The historic intrusion of Islamic armies into
Santiago, and the razing of the Cathedral are well known. The ultimate
repulsion of the Islamic forces is also a part of our Pilgrim legacy. We
shall see how this all plays out. The World is changing.

Buen Camino and Good Night,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com