[Gocamino] Re: use of debit cards

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 20 15:04:02 PST 2005

Chistina has a good point. I always tell my banks I'll be out of the US and
which countries to expect financial traffic. These are the days of
international identity theft, and many banks watch for 'out of the ordinary'
transactions. If you are always traveling to and from Europe, they will
probably not see activity in Spain as a blip on the radar. If you have been
living a placid life in Keokuc, Iowa, then have financial activity in
Europe, a resonsible bank will phone or eMail. Oh that's right, you're not
at home to tell them it's OK. As your card goes mysteriously silent at the
ATM and in the grocery store. Planning ahead is easier. Listen to Christina.

As an aside, here in the US all but the last 4 digits are xxxx s on your
credit card recipt. I Europe, all numbers are on the slip, along with the
card's expiration date! Scratch the numbers out, eat the recipt, rip it to
shreads, do something.

Then, just have a good journey.  Everything will work out.

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com
http://groups.msn.com/ElCaminoSantiago