[Gocamino] American Pilgrims on the Camino news

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 11:02:04 PST 2005

Greetings,

I'd like to remind all of us about the 8th Annual Pilgrims Gathering at St.
Michael's College in Toronto in the middle of May.  It promises to be the
best ever with an incredible array of talks ranging from Medieval Pilgrimage
and Modern Experience, the Holy Grail in Spain to Laurie Dennett, author of
"Hug for the Apostle", one of my all time narrative favorites. (She walked
in 1986 from Chartres to Santiago for Mutiple Sclerosis research.

There will also be breakout workshops on the spiritual and practical aspects
as well as on the various routes.  And, yes, Alan Joyce will be there too,
another favorite of mine.  The list goes on.

This year's Gathering will include hospitalero training, the gathering
itself for once and future pilgrims to meet and story tell and a retreat
afterwards for those who wish.  We are not planning on a hospitalero
training session for the 2006 Gathering, so here is your last chance for a
while.

For more informaton and the actual program, regisration, dates, and American
Pilgrims on the Camino, our address is:

www.americanpilgrims.com

Little Friends in Canada is a co-sponsor, making this an international
event. (b-t-w, space is limited at St. Michael's so please register before
March 1st if possible)

I'd also like to thank sincerely all those who have sent in funds for the
Pilgrim's Office in Santiago.  We have collected and sent $1,000. for the
computer system that catalogs and archives all the pilgrims who have arrived
in Santiago at their office on the rue de Villar.

sincerely and looking forward to meeting all of you there,
kathy