[Gocamino] art show in Los Angeles

Tinuviel misstinuviel at lovenotwar.us
Tue Feb 15 20:28:44 PST 2005

hello peregrinos

i'd like to let you know that 2 pieces i made upon returning from the
camino are in a show in los angeles this spring.
i've posted the flyer for the show on my website at
http://lovenotwar.us/introduction.html
i'll be heading out there. if you can make it, i'll see you there!!
introduce yourself to me....
tinuviel

mi proxima exhibicion es en Los Angeles, California de 5 marzo a 15
abril.
la recepcion es el sabado, 5 marzo a las 8 en la tarde
Mensajes Divinos
es del grupo de los artistos se llamen 'outsider'.
es con dos  piezas de mi serie de camino de santiago
buen camino
abrazos a todos,
tinuviel

DIVINE MESSAGES
at HARMONY GALLERY
5911 1/2 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles CA

opening reception saturday march 5th, 8pm

HARMONY GALLERY • HOLLYWOOD • CALIFORNIA
SATURDAY MARCH 5-APRIL 15, 2005 8-10

DIVINE MESSAGES ARTIST / WRITER MARCUS MÅRTENSON-SWEDEN 2005
In this postmodern age the artist has often become someone whom must
necessarily discuss the problems of our day but not give any concrete
answers.  Rationalism and modern science have given us the means to
better understand our  world but often at the cost of faith and deeper
meaning. In an increasingly  secular society modern man thinks that she
has done away with mythology when in fact this need is even deeper
rooted than he may know. Our myths of old have been replaced by new
ones. Instead of believing in the afterlife we now live with the myth
of eternal youth through plastic surgery.
The experience of the inner life can no longer solely be dictated to us
  through religious dogma as it has been to past generations. We want
and need to have our own experiences of this inner reality to become
that which carries meaning for us. Without this connection we are like
twigs that have been broken from a tree.
The time that we live in is a dangerous one as always. Through fear,
dogma and nationalism we are more than ever breeding a tribal mentality
that is effectively splitting the world into groups of good and bad.
This is possibly the nature of man but it is also in her nature to see
the manifold expressions as being rooted in the same source.
The divine now more than ever is something that rests on each and
everyone of us to express. We are no longer called to imitate Christ or
to walk in the Buddah´s  footsteps. We have to live our own lives to
the fullest, just like they did. Giving expression to our own symbols
and inner truths that we have accumulated and constructed during the
course of our lives.
The divine message is something that can be heard if you listen very
carefully. It is easily drowned out in the barrage of information that
is hurled at us on a  daily basis. So, like a hermit, the artist will
seek refuge in the innermost part of himself to transcribe these divine
messages. When shared with the rest of us they become enigmatic
imprints from another place. Somewhere that seems to be far off but all
the while right here in our midst.