[Gocamino] Re: [saintjames] La Flecha y la Vieyra & guidebooks.

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 13:15:30 PST 2005

Hi Nick,
I gather from your message that you are not in the USA. If you are in Europe
it would be a lot easier to send the books from Seville when I am there next
month.
In fact, the first time that I got the watercolors  book "Flecha y Viera" I
got it in Seville.
There is also another wonderful book  called "The Yellow Arrow" with
photographs and drawings of the various versions of yellow arrows that maybe found
throughout the Camino and related narratives.
Other than the watercolors, pencil drawings,  and oil paintings Camino books
that I have seen, the most impressive, in my view, was a huge one that came
accompanied with a 2 hour DVD of  Coelho narrating and speaking at length about
the Camino.  At first I thought that the book was the one Cohelo wrote
augmented by photographs, etc.  for marketing purposes, and since I had not cared
much for the book to begin with,  I bought the package only for the DVD.  Much
to my delighted surprise it turned out that the book had been put together by
the Xunta and various newspaper  photographers and writers, and sundry other
groups, as a promotion and celebration of the Holy Xacobean Year.  It really is
terriffic, both in looks and contents..  Further, the book and the DVD
together only cost 30 Euros, (which  was the price of the French DVD alone!)
But the book is very big ,  and weighs a ton. In fact, I mailed mine to
myself, by ship,  from Santiago because it was just too much trouble to carry it.
Let me know what you think.
Warm regards,
Rosina