[Gocamino] FW: Peregrinations finally online!

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 07:17:22 PST 2005

FYI (it's really beautiful)

Peregrinations

New online journal of medieval art and architecture

http://peregrinations.kenyon.edu

It is with great pleasure that we announce the creation of Peregrinations,
an
online juried journal devoted to the study of medieval art and architecture.
No subscription is necessary, as access is free to anyone who might be
interested.

Call for papers
For future issues we are actively seeking articles on any aspect of medieval
art and architecture, including: long and short scholarly articles,
scholarly
book reviews, review articles on issues facing the field of medieval art
history, interesting notes and announcements, useful website
recommendations,
new archeological discoveries, and recent museum acquisitions as well as
calls
for papers and conference listings.

One particular feature which we wish to draw your attention to is the photo
articles and the photo bank. Here we hope to provide excellent-quality
images
that can be down-loaded and used by art historians in the classroom and in
their research. To round out the scholarly portion of the journal, we are
also
seeking short, amusing excerpts from medieval sources, poorly-worded student
papers, comments on the Middle Ages in movies, etc.

Please send your queries and/or articles via regular mail or e-mail to both:

Sarah Blick
Peregrinations
Art History
Kenyon College
Gambier, OH 43022 USA
blicks at kenyon.edu
fax: (740) 427-5673
tel: (740) 427-5347

and

Rita Tekippe
Peregrinations
Art History/Department of Art
324 Humanities, Univ. of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA 30118 USA
rtekippe at westga.edu
tel (678) 839-4953

Again, welcome to Peregrinations. Any suggestions or comments you have
concerning the journal would be most welcome. As this is a new journal, we
would be grateful if you could forward this call for papers/announcements to
as many potential readers/contributors as possible.