[Gocamino] Canes and Planes

William Marques w.marques at cuphosco.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 08:18:29 PDT 2005

Or as we in England would say walking sticks and planes.  There seems to
be no common approach by airlines or airports. I took a 5 foot
shepherd's crook I had made for my in-laws out to Australia earlier this
month. At Heathrow after 5 minutes discussion at check-in it was taken
off my hands. We stopped over in Brunei and flew on with the same
airline and this time there was no problem taking it on board. I always
thought that a metal hiking stick with a pointed end would be taken off
you at any airport but I am not so sure now especially after having
taken a cyclist's D clamp and stainless steel wire on board on another
recent journey.

Regards

William Marques