[Gocamino] back packs, etc.

Linda McInnis mrfsealah at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:31:28 PDT 2005

I fear I sent this in reply to Bob Spenger alone, when I meant to send it to
the group.  Sorry!!

Re:  taking a backpack on the plane--I have carried my Kelty Redwing
backpack as a carryon numerous times both on domestic and international
flights and never had a problem.  It is what I plan to take on the Camino
with me.  I take the waist strap and fasten it around the pack itself
(reverse to how it would be worn), through the little loop on the bottom of
the pack, and that keeps the biggest strap out of the way.  I agree that the
trekking poles would probably have to be checked, although the last flight I
took with my partner, she carried her cane on board, and no one questioned
it.  There's not really THAT much difference between a cane and a trekking
pole when it come to function.

Just my $0.02 worth!!

Linda in Colorado