Walking for Wildlife

Jean Buck JeanbuckaMANX.NET
Mon Sep 13 03:14:36 PDT 2004

Wow Sue Kenney : I live on the Isle of Man - a small beautiful Island between England  and Ireland. In 2001 I walked the Camino from Roncesvalles in a sponsored quest to protect the Islands wildlife.  As an aging grandma of 4 - having survived two cancer ops it was quite a challenge - as you all well know!   I have tried to make my book light hearted and informative - reference to flora and all to be seen and enjoyed en route - especially for the 'aging' traveller!!.            Our lives are too comfortable.  I returned to the Island feeling fitter than I had ever felt in many a year!      jeanbuckamanx.net   : WALKING FOR WILDLIFE    ISBN 1-84426-283-9
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sue Kenney
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 4:41 PM
  Subject: New Book My Camino

  Rebekah and all,
  The Camino and the people I have met on this list serv have inspired me to write my first book about my journey on the Camino. The publication date is today and it's called Sue Kenney's My Camino.  It's a true story about the spiritual journey of a woman confronting her deepest fear.

  The first book came off the press on June 25. I have personally been selling the book at my country store, farmers markets and at speaking engagements. So far, I have sold over 700 copies mostly to people who have never heard of the Camino. The feedback has been overwhelming. I have sold my business so that I can begin a cross-Canada author reading/speaking and signing tour to coincide with a special promotion of my book in every Chapters and Indigo Bookstore in Canada.

  Now my life is the Camino.
  May you find peace and love on your journey. And thank you for your inspiration.

  Sue
  sue.kenneyasympatico.ca

  Sue Kenney's My Camino
  White Knight Publications
  ISBN 097341863 X  $19.95 CA $14.95 US
  http://www.suekenney.ca

  Rebekah Scott wrote:

    It is indeed magical up there. And damp!Back when I first "fell" for the Camino, I wrote an adventure novel with the big climactic scene taking place in O Cebriero. For such a quiet, isolated spot, it seems to have a built-in drama.And the local cheese is fabuloso! Rebekah Scott
    Rebekah Scott, periodista
    Westmoreland County bureau
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette USA