gocamino Whole Camino or stages

Elizabeth Duran eduran1acox.net
Thu Oct 21 05:52:43 PDT 2004

Personally, I vote for the whole Camino.  I started at Roncesvalles
(which lets you spend the first 2 days going downhill, instead of
climbing) and made it to Santiago in about 5 weeks, even though I
developed tendonitis in one knee and had to go rather slowly.

But to some extent, it depends on why you are doing the Camino.  If it's
just hiking or tourism, you may want to divide it up.  If it's a
pilgrimage, however, doing the entire Camino gives you the time to
experience the depth of commitment, the sense of apartness, and the
otherworldly nature of pilgrimage.

Whatever you do, however, throw out half of what's in your backpack
before you even start!  And if you do the whole thing, remember that you
won't need much more than if you do just a week.  The biggest problem
most people had was simply that they were carrying too much stuff. One
of the first lessons of the Camino:  detachment from material
possessions!

Buen Camino!

Elizabeth Duran

eduranapipeline.com