gocamino the whole Way or stages...?

Kathy Gower kathygowerahotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 09:07:15 PDT 2004

As I sit and contemplate my last pilgrimage, just a piece of the Chemin from
Conques to LePuy, I am wondering about walking the sustained pilgrimage of a
month or more versus doing the Way in stages.

I originally walked from St. Jean to Santiago and got to experience that
getting into the groove of sustained pilgrimage.  Not having the time or
space to go from LePuy to at least St. Jean, I have, so far, gone in two
stages--LePuy to Conques and Conques to Moissac.

The routes are different, the culture and language and architecture is
different, and yet we are all pilgrims...

it did make me wonder how people feel about their experiences, either long,
sustained, or in stages...