why matamoros, at all

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Tue May 4 02:02:53 PDT 2004

Last year I met three Japanese pilgrims (one Shinto and two Buddists) and an
Israeli Jew all of whom frequented the places of worship along the way.

Don't forget the Camino is also the Camino de Europa - the first cultural
heritage walk in Europe.

Some obviously go for religious reasons, others because it's a good walk. One
Canadian I met just happened to be in Barcelona when he heard about it and
headed north straight away.