sticks,

Dennis Cooney cooneyaVALIS.CA
Wed Mar 24 07:25:08 PST 2004

On the Via de la Plata a good solid wooden stick is a must.  You will
quickly realize the value of a good stick to get you up those difficult
spots and over the many streams.  I don´t think I could have done it so
far without my stick, which somehow I am going to take home and hang on
a wall.
Dennis Cooney
Vancouver Canada

> Hi All,
> Is a walking stick really important, and if so, what kind?  We've
never used a walking stick before - do you all recommend a metal one,
wood, or what?

> I understand most, but not all, refugios have cooking facilities.
What about fuel?  Someone mentioned carrying gas cannisters - surely
not!  Or do most people eat in restaurants all the time?  We'd like to
cook simple things if that's possible.