Early risers and plastic bags

Eva evaaARTREMI.COM
Mon Mar 22 21:44:12 PST 2004

Having done the Camino with a 17 kg worth of "necessities" in my
backpack, a good companion and a walking stick, I would rank
#1 - good shoes & socks
  2 - ear plugs for quality sleep

 Take as few things as possible, but be prepared for change of weather.
When we started the Camino last August it was extremely hot, above 40 C.
But 2-3 weeks later, about halfway through the pilgrimage it was cool
and rainy, and pretty cold at night. I remember waking up at night due
to the cold. So a good sleeping bag should also be on the necessities
list.
Whatever you  do not bring (including a good companion), you can find in
Spain.

-Eva
Glenview, IL