cooking, sticks, swim

Kathy and Phil Dahl-Bredine kpdbaPRODIGY.NET.MX
Mon Mar 22 19:45:09 PST 2004

Hi All,
Is a walking stick really important, and if so, what kind?  We've never used a walking stick before - do you all recommend a metal one, wood, or what?

I understand most, but not all, refugios have cooking facilities.  What about fuel?  Someone mentioned carrying gas cannisters - surely not!  Or do most people eat in restaurants all the time?  We'd like to cook simple things if that's possible.

Also, is there any place to swim along the way?  haven't heard anyone mention that.

Thanks,
Kathy in Mexico