2003 pilgrims from far away

Tom Priestly tom.priestlyaUALBERTA.CA
Sat Mar 13 14:56:27 PST 2004

Thank you, Rosina, for the statistics, which I have forwarded to
friends in Slovenia (who are marking out a St. James' Way through
their own country).
But a question: is there any information as to how long the pilgrims
took to walk from Finland? from Turkey? from Greece? from Russia?
Those we met (on day 8 from SJPP) who had walked from the
Netherlands, had taken about 10 weeks by then, which means a
three-month minimum for the whole endeavor for walkers from that
country. (I am sure Pieter P will tell us if I am incorrect). So,  I
estimate 5 or 6 months' walking from the four countries I mention!
Always assuming average-type walkers, not 35-k-a-day people ...

Thanks, Tom