Shortening the Walk from SJPP

Becky Paris Turner, Vancouver , Canada bparistaHOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 13 17:11:17 PST 2004

Firstly thanks to the listserve for all the great information I have
already gotten from this resource.

Because of family and work I only have from May4th to May 26th to do my
first Camino . I must shave off 8-10 days somewhere. I am starting in SJPP
because I have family there and of course I must do the last bit from
Sarria to Santiago. One suggestion has been to take the bus or train from
Burgos to Leon. But then again I hear that the mesetas should not be
missed. Should I take out smaller chunks intermittenly along the way
instead of missing out on one whole area?

Does anyone have any experience taking a taxi from town to town ?Is there
bus service along the route? What can I not miss? I know I should just
start the Camino farther along but I really want to start in the Pays
Basque.

Thanks in advance,

Becky