(no subject)

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sat Mar 13 06:27:42 PST 2004

In a message dated 03/12/04 09:01:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
BlaroliaAOL.COM writes:
I should very much like to think that it is possible for a spiritual oasis to
exist in the middle of so much human-to-human murderous enmity.
While many political agendas surround us (Zionist, pacifists,
what-have-you's), can we please remember that the Camino is about the human bond that
transcends such temporal, political pursuits?  If it isn't, what are we doing
communicating here?
Political polemics, "us-against-them"  have their own arenas. Surely this
isn't one of them, and I just can't believe that anyone remotely interested in
the Camino wishes to see revenge carry destruction to the nth degree.
Can't we please just get back to walking, human step by human step?
I agree for once with Rosina except for one not-so-subtle portion where she
could not resist taking a swipe at "Zionists" as she has also done in the past.
 I suppose she cannot bring herself to use the term "Israelis" for fear of
legitimizing their presence in the Middle East and give some balance to her
otherwise on-target comments.   HM, NYC