Madrid

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Sat Mar 13 07:21:02 PST 2004

That's true, Sally. Even those who go to religious groups may not find them to be places where things like this can be discussed.
And, as to relevance, I have had in my self-centered heart one small, uneasy question the past couple of days, a question no one has raised: I wonder whether there was a peregrino/peregrina on that train? One of us could have been on that train.
Deanna

Sally Haden <hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
Hello all
I am a little surprised to read one message which said that this topic is
not relevant to this Camino list. Okay, political spear-jabbing isn't much
fun, but surely this list is about more than boots and internet cafes? I'd
like to think it is a place where people can support each other when it
comes to the sort of deep questions that the Madrid terror has brought. And
I am conscious that these days, when many are not comfortable going to
church or forming part of religious or spiritual groups, it can be very hard
and lonely for some of those who are of the thoughtful sort, who could go
slightly crazy without being able to discuss the terrible problems of our
world. A virtual albergue is surely, ideal for that. And if a few people
give a bit of an angry shout sometimes.... well, that's life. It wouldn't
be right (for me at least) if all was sweetness and light here.
In peace
Sally
Lancashire