from listserve "owner" Linda D

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Fri Jul 9 12:26:01 PDT 2004

Hi, everybody, from the Czech Republic. I am glad to see that finally the
powers that be (or don't be) at my university were able to get Gocamino back
up and running. I have had no satisfactory communication about why the
listserve went down and why it was down for so long. I hope it doesn't happen
again.

As it happens, here in the Czech republic (opposite what I saw in Poland) I am
seeing many more churches dedicated to St. James. Most images have the staff
of the traditional iconography, usually a shell (if a little blurry). There
are many St. Roch's as well with the pilgrim's hat and usually the crossed
keys of Rome, but not the shell. Not much on pilgrimage available however.

I will be back in the USA by about 25 July, my 8-month pilgrimage to sites
like Auschwitz (Poland), Theresienstadt (Czech R), and Fez (Morocco) among
many others now committed to computer bytes. The research has been difficult
and memorable.

If you have articles or poems or essays that you would like to have considered
for publication in thenext "Friends of thed Road to Santiago" newsletter,
please send NOT to this address, but to
dgitlitzaaol.com
Preferably, however, is a hard copy AND a pc disk with the text in microsoft
word.