*spam* another perspective on feet

claudia castellani claudietta67aHOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 9 10:48:58 PDT 2004

Very interesting. And true.
Sandals with vibram were great for me too. I used trekking shoes for the
first part of the walk (for the first 14-17 km) and then I wore sandals.
Changing shoes was a great idea.
Before starting the Camino I kept training by walking in parks during the
weekends (about 2 hours) and walking to and from my office during the week.
As Rome is full of slopes, hills and..... Roman roads (the famous "calzadas
romanas"!), I was pretty trained before I started the Camino!
I also wore a small backpack, but when I was on the Camino I realized I
should have trained with the backpack I was to use in Spain: the weight has
a big impact on legs and feet, and what doesn't hurt when you walk with a
small backpack, will surely hurt when you wear a heavier one.
Thank you for your interesting contribution.

Claudia