comfort

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 23 15:08:14 PST 2004

I have been holding out  on a bit of recent "enthusiasm". I found in a catalogue (sierratradingpost.com or campmor.com) a product called a thermarest easy chair. It is basically a nylon pouch. You fold your sleeping mat in half and put it in the pouch, which has handy little adjustable side straps. You shorten the straps to fit your lovely body...then you put the thing on the ground and, voila! You have a comfortable ground chair which gives you a spot for relaxing anywhere!  I can even nap in this jewel. And it doesn't add much weight because the padding is your sleeping mat. I tie it on the outside of my pack with the spare shoestrings which double as my clothesline so it is no problem to carry or to access during the day.
In the albuergues or on the trail, I often wished just for a slightly comfortable place to sit. Now I have it! You will see me napping on the Via de la Plata, beginning in 11 weeks and 3 days!
Deanna, the slouchy comfort bug.