Pilgrimage distances

jim allen jallen08aTAMPABAY.RR.COM
Tue Jan 20 15:25:56 PST 2004

Hi Jeff;
On the Camino it is not how far but how far up and how far down, etc. that
counts.  St Jean to Roncevalles is a big up, up, up, then a little down but
steep.  The next day is down almost all the way and quite steep in places
and some of it is downright dangerous if wet.  Pamplona in four days(total
distance 74km) is very doable.  Try to avoid Zubiri Albergue as it was awful
when we(my 35 yr old daughter and I (68))were there.  Incidentally it is
interesting that we were anxious to begin with such a hard climb but then
determined that it was a good thing because we were in good health
physically to start with a hard climb.  A few days later we were not in such
good shape.
I think your problem will be finding a place to stay, 2004 being a Holy
Year.  But, go and have a great time, you'll love it.

Jim Allen Seminole, Fl
jallen08atampabay.rr.com