Pilgrimage distances

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Wed Jan 21 01:43:11 PST 2004

Don't dismiss Zubiri completly out of hand (although it IS pretty ropey). Check
the bulletin board at Roncesvalles. I missed the note saying Larasoana would be
closed, walked past Zubiri, couldn't find a bed in Larasoana, Trinidad (next
refugio) was full so I ended up walking into Pamplona and finding a room above
a bar at 8.45pm!

SJPP to Roncesvalles in a thunder storm on the first day was not fun,
Roncesvalles to Pamplona on the second day was just stupid.

Great walking country though, read Hemmingway's book Fiesta - also known as The
Sun Also Rises depending on which side of the Atlantic you buy it - before you
go. The panaderia in Burguete does WONDERFUL gran cafe con leche.

I've often been tempted to write an account of the Camino entitled:

Siesta - the Pilgrim Also Rises :o)

Jeff
(a different one)