pilgrim rules

claudia castellani claudietta67aHOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 27 19:41:51 PST 2004

I completely agree with you!
Too easy a pilgrimage is not a good thing as a disturbing or negative
behaviour towards residents or old people one can meet on the Camino.
I had a negative experience with my former travel companion. He behaved as a
tourist, that is as if he had paid for a journey and had the right to object
or complain.
He actually started the Camino for sport and touristic reasons. Nobody can
oblige pilgrims to do the Camino for spiritual, religious or existential
reasons, but if all pilgrims did it for those reasons the behavioral
problems you were talking about would not exist or would not be so frequent.

Claudia