credential for the Via de la Plata

Dennis Cooney cooneyaVALIS.CA
Fri Feb 27 18:35:15 PST 2004

I leave for my second walk on the Via de la Plata on March 4th (help I'm not ready yet) and have reserved at Hotel Picasso in Seville.  50 Euros per night.  I have not stayed at this one before but location is great, just by the Cathedral.  In Oct. 03 on my first Via de la Plata I stayed at a small hotel La Hosteria de Dona Lina in the beautiful Santa Cruz district just on the other side of the Alcazar.  I can highly recommend this one.  It was full when I tried to reserve for next week.  If you are planning on picking up a credential from the "Friends", check at the travel information at the airport or train station as they are only available in their office for a couple of hours per day, and not every day.  Last fall they were at the office from 6 to 8 pm from Monday to Thurs. Hope this is helpful.   ----- Original Message -----
  From: athena
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 6:46 PM
  Subject: Re: credential for the Via de la Plata

  Thank you!

  I will leave my home on Easter Sunday but it will take me until Monday afternoon to get to San Antonio. I will fly out of San Antonio on Tuesday morning and arrive in Sevilla on Wednesday morning. I live about 400 miles from the airport in San Antonio.

  But I will definitely check at the Barrio Santa Cruz for messages. In fact, maybe I will go ahead and make an on-line reservation to stay there Wednesday night since I will not begin to walk until Thursday. I have been wondering where to stay in Sevilla.

  I do not understand Spanish well. I live on the border of Mexico. But my friends are all English speakers. I have been studying as much as I can with tapes but I do not understand more than the surface of conversations I hear in Spanish. I tried watching Spanish TV but the soap operas are unbearable and I did not find anything else. I must admit that, since I do not even watch TV in English very much, I did not try hard. Most TV is stupid in any language.

  I do read slowly but with some accuracy. I hope to pick up a copy of the Spanish Guide to the Plata by the Friends when I am at the Cathedral.

  I hope to meet you someday!

  Deanna

  Rosina Lila <BlaroliaAOL.COM> wrote:
    Hi Deanna,
    I'm delighted you got the credential so quickly and all.
    If you're leaving for Seville on Easter Sunday you'll get there on Monday, the day that I will be leaving Seville to come back to NYC.
    While in Seville I'll hobnob with the Friends, I'm sure, and if I find out things that may be of use to you I'll leave them for you in my hotel, which is in the Barrio Santa Cruz right by the Cathedral.
    By the way, do you understand Spanish?
    Fond regards,
    Rosina