Primitive Way

William Marques williammarquesaTESCO.NET
Thu Feb 5 01:55:25 PST 2004

The Primitive Way I always thought was the route from Oviedo via Lugo that
would either have been taken by Pilgrims from the coast diverting inland
via Oviedo or those on the Camino Frances turning right at Leon to see the
Carnara Santa in Oviedo Cathedral.  (“Whoever goes to Saint James and not
to the Saviour, visits the servant and misses the  Master.”)

Perhaps a revival of the route is overdue as it would divert many on the
Camino Frances at the most crowded end of the journey.

Try http://homepage.tinet.ie/~mcgovern1/camino2003/index.htm for a journal
by Michael McGovern

William

Glenn Jilek wrote

>Rosina, thanks for the information on the 2003 pilgrims.
>
>I am not familiar at all about the "Primitive Way", could someone give me
a brief description or reference where I can find out more about it?