Questions: Book? maps? weather?

Charles Hansen VeloTrainaPEOPLEPC.COM
Wed Feb 4 20:29:42 PST 2004

I don't know why you say you don't have time to have the book sent from Britain.  I ordered it online (thinking it was from an American source) and it arrived in about a week from England.  I have found a similar book for less than half the cost.  A Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino Francais by John Brierley, published by Camino Guides / Findhorn Press.  List is $22.50, but selling for $12 + shipping at caminoguides.com.

It has a very similar format to the Lozano work, with full color maps for each of the 33 stages, color photos and supporting text.  It does not have the extra copies of the maps/directions printed on stiff card and the neck-strung map-carrier of the Lozano book, but otherwise seems comparable to me.  The photographs are not as good and it is marginally less handsome, but should serve you well.

Here's a site with weather info:
http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/camino/weather.html

 From what I've heard, it will probably be cold in the Pyrenees (if you're going through there) and in Galicia, with cool mornings and evenings in general elsewhere.

Charles