[Gocamino] Camino DVD

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 14:14:09 PST 2004

Hello you all,
Sorry about the delay in responding....But, as the whole world knows, it is Christmas-time and there is ever so very much to do.
At any rate.  In the United States, and in most of the American countries, tapes and DVDs can only be played if there are NSTC processed  (Zone 0 in DVDs.  DvDs produced in Europe are marked for zones 2 & 3 and they will not play in the American countries.)  Generally the processing for such European DVDs and video tapes is known as "PAL".
However, I have gotten a player that will play PAL video tapes and have been successful in making copies of the PAL tapes onto NSTC ones.  I have also gotten a DVD player that plays PAL DVDs, but haven't been able to hook it to a recording machine that will make NSTC DVDs or video tapes.
Personally, I am profoundly inept when it comes to technological things, in fact, after more than a year I still haven't learn how to scan anything!  Nevertheless, I do have friends who are tech-mavens and they have assured me that it is possible to copy the PAL DVDs, at the very least onto NSTC tapes.
As soon as one of them and I have some free time, I'll give it a go.  (The new Camino DVD, by the way, is absolutely lovely.... in every respect.)
Right here in New York City the temperature is 10 degrees Fahrenheit, with a "wind chill" factor that makes it -2 (minus 2 degrees), or roughly  35-40 degrees below Celsius (centigrade?).
But New York City being New York City, one rather likes such weather.  There are few things as enjoyable as having a cup of coffee with a sugared doughnut in a very cold afternoon.... except, perhaps, having that very hot white wine in Venice with the cinnamon stick.
I'll let you know when the copies can be made and will ask for your addresses. Such copies would not be an infringement of copyright protections since they would be made for religious rather than commercial profit-making purposes.
Big hug!
Rosina