[Gocamino] Re: [saintjames] Statistics

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 12:29:00 PST 2004

Hi Roger,
The up-to-date pilgrims' statistics are still being compiled by hand because
of the continuing problems with the computers at the Pilgrims' Office..
However, the private,  professional,  "informatica" firm  that was engaged to put
the system in  order has already begun the work. . It does seem to be a huge
job, nevertheless, since the intent is to have a computer-based hookup with the
Xunta albergues and with the churches of the Archdiocese.   Fr. Cebrian, who
is in charge of the undertaking,  seems to be confident that something in the
way of detailed statistics will be available soon.  But he possesses an
optimistic nature, and this being Christmastime, and the end of the Holy Year,  I
personally doubt that we shall have anything until mid-January at the earliest.
Naturally, I will post ipso facto whatever information comes my way.
There is going to be a big do at the Archdiocese at year's end, with an
elaborate   dinner and everything to celebrate the successful outcome of the
Universal Archicofradia of Santiago's efforts this Holy Year, and to introduce the
Archicofradia's new members.
I have been honored with an invitation to the celebration; unfortunately I
have a (professional) important date with a surgeon next Monday and a very tight
work schedule thereafter; but if I should get a cold, or something that would
compel a deferment of the proceedings I will certainly go, with bells on, and
will report on it.  (I've made reservations, just in case.... one never
knows...do one?).
It was super-cold yesterday in New York City; some 30-40 Celsius degrees
below zero, but today is nice and sunny and things are looking up.
And to answer another question, the next Xacobean Holy Years this century
will be:  2010, 2021, 2027, 2032, 2038, 2049, 2055, 2060, 2066, 2077, 2083, 2088
and, 2094, and 2100.
Big "abrazo Navideno" (Christmas hug)
Rosina