Current Camino News

mathcnajuno.com mathcnaJUNO.COM
Mon Aug 2 01:14:53 PDT 2004

The Botafumeria hymn is music that I would be interested in having also.
In addition, I am looking for a CD of music playing the sounds of the large bells in bell towers across Europe.  Does anyone know of such a CD?
Interesting to me:  I am traveling in Germany now and was visiting the Cathedral of St. Jacob in Rothenberg, Germany this week.  I was excited to, as I was walking, run straight into a fulll-sized bronze statue of a Santiago pilgrim right next to the church.  It is a representation of "each one of us" - and visually of a medieval pilgrim, complete with his shell, water container, and staff.  A true serendipity!
Then yesterday I attended a church service in Gross Gerau, Germany (outside of Frankfurt) and on a large bulletin board in the back of church they had a highway-type map of Spain and the Camino route mapped out.  I was curious as to WHY but between not speaking German and not finding the right person who knew both English and the answer, I continued my travels not knowing the reason.  Are those unanswered questions part of our journey through life - and on the Camino?  It keeps us wondering and searching!  I was again surprised at what I "ran into."
Thanks for listening!
Carolyn