Jenna Bush on the Camino?

m j anderson mjayceeaWORLDNET.ATT.NET
Mon Aug 2 05:19:18 PDT 2004

Ana Young wrote:

> I don't really feel sorry for her. She's quite
> privileged.

.......but, Ana, have some compassion-- it is her fault that she is
followed and photographed? Her fault that by accident of birth she is
"privileged"?  She is simply a young woman who may need  some spiritual
time--however poorly that can be had by a "quite privileged" person. It
may be very difficult to walk in her shoes--on the Camino and elsewhere.

> I understand that there was quite a bit of
> inconvenience to other pilgrims because of the
> entourage. No one should be inconvenienced because of
> a famous person coming through.

.........there was more hoopla when Shirely Maclaine trekked along the
Way. Didn't hear protests about Ms .Maclaine's  privileged status or the
inconvenience her presence caused other pilgrims.

We could give a benefit of the doubt to anyone who, for whatever reason.
finds their way to the Camino--good  things will follow!
MJ Anderson