planning trip

Eyskens jeyskensaAUSTIN.RR.COM
Thu Apr 15 09:20:43 PDT 2004

Buen Camino

Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On
Behalf Of Judith Rosenthal
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 8:49 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: planning trip

I am a teacher (ESL) in a junior college in New York and an planning to
make the pilgrimage along as much of the Camino as I can in the last
week of May and the first few weeks of June.  I am 75 years old but have
hiked most of my life and even though I am much slower now, I hope I
will be able to do at least do the last 100 miles.  I am not sure where
I should start - I would particularly like to see Burgos but that may be
too great a distance.  I intend to hike only about 8 to 10 miles a day
and enjoy what I am passing through. I will be going alone, though hope
to meet people along the way.  Any advice about what would be a good
place to start, places  I should not miss along the way, nitty-gritty of
what is really important to take would be appreciated.  I have been
reading your wonderful and helpful answers to e-mail sent in.