The European Roads to the Pyrenees

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Mon Apr 5 01:39:01 PDT 2004

Hi to all. I remember that recently someone asked if there was an informative
work about the Routes in France. I understood the query to be not a search for
routes and walking, but historical and cultural.
There have been several nice ones written in the past, but they are out of
print. Then, when I was in the Church of St. Victor in Marseille last week, my
eye happened on this book:

__Les Chemins de Saint-Jacques de Compostelle.__ Series: "In Situ Themes".
Vic-en-Bigorre:MSM, 1999. Although it seems to have been reprinted in Feb.
2004.
320 pp.  15 euros.

Produced with the patronage of the Sahagun Centro de Estudios Camino Santiago
and Humberto Jacomet, the "Conservateur de Patrimonie" of France.
The book is a glossy, don't carry with you, with lots of color photos.
Interesting histories. of the 320 pp, only 100 deal with the Spanish portion
of the Road, so that leave more than 200 dealiing with French areas.

I've found it interesting, yet succinct,. In the past I've et Mr. Jacomet and
found his other academic and popular works about pilgrimage to be very
reliable. Pieter, you may know more about him and his title?\

Linda D